Starting from 03. September 2020, passengers who are to fly from Austria to China will be required to take a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 and apply for a Health Code or Health Declaration Form. The following procedures are for your reference:
1. General requirement
Starting from 03. September 2020, Chinese and foreign passengers who are to fly from Austria to China, directly or indirectly, must apply for a green Health Code with the "HS" mark (for Chinese passengers) or Health Declaration Form (for foreign passengers) with a negative certificate of nucleic acid test for COVID-19. The airlines will directly check the Health Code or Health Declaration Form before boarding. Those who can not present a valid green Health Code or Health Declaration Form won’t be allowed on board.
2. Testing time and testing institutions
The Nucleic acid test for COVID-19 should be completed within 3 days before boarding. The Chinese Embassy in Austria does not designate specific institutions to carry out the test. Passengers can choose any hospital or institution in Austria to take the test.
Please be noted that there is no testing institution in the transit area at the Vienna International Airport. Passengers transiting via Austria from other countries are required to take the test at an institution designated or approved by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the country of their departure.
3. Procedures for Chinese citizens to apply for Health Codes
Chinese passengers shall, within 24 hours of obtaining the certificate of negative nucleic acid test, upload the certificate of negative nucleic acid test through the WeChat mini program to apply for a Health Code. After the review and approval by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General, the applicant can obtain a green Health Code with the "HS" mark.
4. Procedures for foreign citizens to apply for the Health Declaration Form
Foreign passengers in Austria shall fill in and sign the Health Declaration Form (please see the attachment) and send a scanned copy of the signed Form, together with the certificate of negative nucleic acid test , and a photocopy of the bio-page of the passport to the Chinese Embassy in Austria at the following email address: email@example.com
Certified Health Declaration Form shall be issued by the Chinese Embassy and sent back to the passengers by email. Applicants are requested to print it out and bring it to the airport. Please make sure to take flights within the validity period of the Health Declaration Form and cooperate with the airlines during inspection .
Please also be noted that a certified Health Declaration Form is not an alternative to a Chinese visa, and passengers transiting via Austria from other countries should take a test and apply for the Health Declaration Form with the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the country of their departure.
(1) Passengers who are to fly to China are requested to read this notice carefully. If you are unable to complete the nucleic acid test in time in order to get a valid green Health Code with an “HS”mark or a Certified Health Declaration Form before boarding, it means that you will not be allowed to board the flight and need to re-arrange or adjust your journey.
(2) Chinese and foreign passengers ultimately bound for China who transfer via other countries that require health codes with an "HS" mark or certified Health Declaration Forms for boarding (please see List of Countries https://hr.cs.mfa.gov.cn/help_two/help-two/gj.html) will also be required to present health codes with an "HS" mark or Health Declaration Forms during transferring. Please make sure that the health codes or Forms are still valid when boarding the connecting flights to avoid stranded results.
3) Passengers who provide false certificates or information shall bear corresponding legal liabilities.
4）Passengers are advised to bring the nucleic acid test certificate (with negative result) to the airport in case of further inspection.
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Republic of Austria
Health Declaration Form